[Video Tutorial Embed]
Slashshot is a k-style move that combines movement and offensive power and is considered the foundation of k-style. It combines two animation cancels in rapid succession to dash, slash, and shoot within a fraction of a second. This move is a stepping stone into more advanced moves like halfstep, and should be your go to move until you learn more advanced moves.
[gifv of the move at full speed]
Jump -> Dash -> Slash -> Switch -> Shoot
[gifv of the move at quarter speed]
- Jump – Technically slashshot can be performed at any time in the air, including wall jumps, but you must be in the air to perform it.
- Dash – The dash in slashshot can be performed at any time in the air, however performing it at low height can make it impossible to slash.
- Slash – Cancels the dash animation and allows you to do other moves.
- Switch – Can be performed while the slash animation is active, which is why your character’s body looks strange while performing this.
- Shoot – you can hold down your attack button, it will automatically shoot when ready, but it is not advised to as other moves require slash -> switch.
Swapshot can be added to slashshot to perform slashshots more frequently. Please check out the swapshot tutorial for more information.
Reloadshot can be added to slashshot to perform slashshots more frequently. Please check out the reloadshot tutorial for more information.
For a second or so after you slashswitch, you can dash again, which turns slashshot into halfstep.